Improving attendance and reducing chronic absence is not rocket science, but it does take commitment, collaboration, and tailored approaches to the particular challenges and strengths of each school community. Schools, communities, and advocates across the nation have successfully taken steps to ensure children are attending school more regularly.
Strategies for School Sites
- Recognize Good and Improved Attendance
- Engage Students and Parents
- Monitor Attendance Data and Practice
- Provide Personalized Early Outreach
- Develop Programmatic Response to Barriers