We would like to remind every household in Kankakee County to:
1. Take medications exactly as prescribed
2. Store prescription drugs in locked and secure locations
3. Properly dispose of medication that you no longer need
4. Promote safe medication practices and teach others to do the same.
Turn in your unused or expired medication for safe disposal!
Saturday, October 28, 2017
10 AM - 2 PM
Northfield Square Mall
1600 North State Route 50
Bourbonnais, IL 60914
Come to the back of the mall and use the center court entrance between LensCrafters and Kay Jewelers.
Drop These Items:
- Expired or Unwanted Prescription Medications
- Over-the-Counter Medications
- Controlled Substances (opiates, hallucinogens, and narcotics or amphetamines)
Don’t Drop These Items:
- Illegal Drugs
- Bio-Hazardous Materials
- Sharps / Needles
The drug take-back event is brought to you by KAMEG and the Pledge for Life Partnership, in conjunction with the Kankakee County Sheriff's Department, and the Kankakee, Bradley, and Bourbonnais Police Departments.
There are a dozen area drop boxes for unused prescription medications. No ID required and the service is FREE and anonymous. All drop boxes are in the lobby of these locations. Click here for a listing.