Underage Drinking in Illinois
- According to the 2014 Illinois Youth Survey results, alcohol is the drug of choice compared to all other substances.
- Among 12th graders, alcohol, marijuana and cigarettes are the top three most commonly abused drugs.
- Liquor remains the most commonly consumed alcoholic beverage type for high school aged Illinois youth, followed by beer from bottles/cans.
- Younger adolescents (6th and 8th grade youth) consumed wine above all other types of alcohol.
To learn more about the results of the Illinois Youth Survey visit www.pledgeforlife.org.
Download a full size .PDF here: How Alcohol Affects the Teenage Brain Graphic by Prevention First
- 7/14/2017 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM - Initial Bus Class April 22, 2017
- 5/11/2017 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM - I-KAN Teacher and Administrator Retirement Session April 22, 2017
- 10/14/2017 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM - Initial Bus Class April 22, 2017
- 5/16/2017 8:30 AM - 3/10/2017 3:30 PM - Alcohol Enforcement Training April 22, 2017
- 8/2/2017 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM - Bus Refresher Course April 22, 2017