Students All Learning Together (SALT) program provides optional educational opportunity for students who are credit deficient due to attendance problems. The program provides both an academic and community service/work component. Whether it's collecting coats for an annual coat drive or making blankets for veterans, learning to give back is a big part of the SALT program.
SALT offers several community service opportunities for students, but we are open to students coming up with their own ideas. Students receive credit once they have turned in 170 hours of verified work.
The SALT program is located in two locations, one for Kankakee County and one for Iroquois County. For more information about the SALT program contact the program director: Kila Pickett, for Kankakee County, at (815) 935-7282 or Rick Banning, for Iroquois County, (815) 429-3160.
SALT I (Kankakee County)
Regional Instructional Center
50 Industrial Park Dr.
Kankakee, IL 60901
SALT II (Iroquois County)
Milford Elementary School East Campus
150 S. Randolph
Sheldon, IL 60966
- An Individualized Optional Education Plan (IOEP) is prepared for each student.
- An academic program is tailored for each student according to their credit recovery needs.
- All high school core subjects are offered.
- Opportunities for extended learning are available.
- A career plan is developed for each student and included in their IOEP.
- 170 community service and/or employment hours are required per semester to receive an elective high school credit.
- Local businesses and agencies are solicited to help provide community service/work opportunities.
- Educational and vocational information is provided.
- SALT offers several community service opportunities for students, but is open to students coming up with their own ideas. Students receive credit once they have turned in 170 hours of verified work.
- Individual attendance goals are addressed in each student’s IOEP.
- Case management is provided by I-KAN AAP caseworkers.
- The needs of students, schools, and families are addressed through community and local resources
- 7/14/2017 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM - Initial Bus Class
- 5/11/2017 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM - I-KAN Teacher and Administrator Retirement Session
- 10/14/2017 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM - Initial Bus Class
- 5/16/2017 8:30 AM - 3/10/2017 3:30 PM - Alcohol Enforcement Training
- 8/2/2017 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM - Bus Refresher Course
- 5/24/2017 8:30 AM - 3:30 PM - It is More Than Memorizing Dates: The New Illinois Social Science Standards
- 2/23/2018 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM - Initial Bus Class
- 6/8/2017 8:30 AM - 3:30 PM - Implementing NGSS in the Classroom
- 8/1/2017 8:30 AM - 3:30 PM - Classroom Strategies to Support Restorative Justice Practices
- 6/8/2017 8:30 AM - 11:30 AM - Safe and Supportive Schools: How to Support Learning of All Students of Trauma