Teaching in Iroquois and Kankakee County
I-KAN's office monitors teacher and administrator licenses for approximately 2,100 educators in Iroquois and Kankakee counties. Continuing Professional Development Unit (CPDU) opportunities are provided for teacher recertification and Administrator's Academies are offered on a continuing basis to assist superintendents and principals fulfill their professional development requirements. The Professional Learning page has more information on the opportunitites I-KAN provides.
Navigating ISBE's Educator Licensure Information System (ELIS)
The Illinois State Board of Education requires that all licensure transactions must be completed online in ELIS with a credit or debit card including all applications for licenses, endorsements, registration, payments and renewal of licenses. The ROEs may no longer accept payment. Please use INTERNET EXPLOER OR EDGE on a desktop or laptop when working in ELIS. Google Chrome will not process your payment correctly. No phone or tablet browsers work correctly.
- Start at isbe.net
- Click "TEACHERS" in the menu at the top of the page
- Click on "Log in to ELIS" button
- Under Educator Access click on Login to your ELIS account in the first column under EDUCATOR ACCESS
Educator Licensure Resources
- Detailed ELIS System Instructions including information about how to create an account, apply for endorsements, renewals and name changes
- ROEs Paraprofessional License Instructions - How to apply and for and then register an ELS-Paraprofessional License
- Substitute Teaching Info With PEL - for individuals who hold an Illinois Professional Educator's License
- Substitute Teaching Info WITHOUT PEL - for individuals who do not hold an Illinois Professional Educator's License
Substitute Teacher Fingerprinting
Call Bushue Background Screening at (877) 342-3042 or Schedule Online