I-KAN Regional Office of Education #32
The ROE (Regional Office of Education) serves many types of people, from students (of all ages) to educators. The ROE provides professional development, technical assistance, and information resources to public and private school personnel, and responds to the needs of schools and providing a local resource for a full range of school improvement and support services for the students and educators.
Who we Serve...
- More than 140,000 residents in Kankakee and Iroquois Counties in east central Illinois
- 19 school districts in the two counties
- 68 public school buildings and 10 non-public schools
- More than 2,000 educators
- Approximately 26,000 school-aged children
What we Do...
Academic Opportunities for Youth
Programs for at-risk children
- Truancy prevention and intervention
- Regional Alternative Attendance Center (RAAC) for students who are in danger of being expelled
- Students All Learning Together (SALT) program - optional education program for truant high school students
- The Life Education Center and community based prevention efforts
Pursuant to PA 97.609 - Positions Meetings Criteria set in statute are available from the Office Manager, located at:
I-KAN Regional Office Office of Education 189 E. Court St., Suite 600 Kankakee, IL 60901